Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I only have 2 more weeks left! Time has gone by so fast. I wish I had pictures to put up right now but I only have a few minutes to write! So I'll be fast. The last two weeks I've been able to help out the nurses from the Ministry of Health. They visit each primary school in the area, grades 1-7, and they do wellness checks on every student. While they are doing the wellness checks I've been able to teach each class about personal hygiene and nutrition! Its so fun. The kids here are so amazing. They are so disciplined, but at the same time so fun and love to participate. I've been able to teach them the importance of hand washing and their nutrition, because diabetes is rampant here. So sad. And its preventable and controlable! So I hate when people let it go out of control. That's why I'm here! to help! ha anyway, its been so fun. I love getting to know the people and making a difference. The bugs here are definitely getting to know me. I think at any given time I have like20 bites on my body. Mostly my legs its horrible! Yesterday, some bug attacked me and I had like 10 bites on one leg and I must have had an allergic reaction or something, cause my leg is definitely swollen. Hope its not Dengue. (don't worry Mom, if my bones feel like they are breaking then we should worry). ha I love Fiji. Also, I just started liking the food. Too bad I'm leaving so soon. I'll try to put pictures up later! Also I started helping out in the Vielomani Boys Home, and I love the kids there. I found out Kera means Banana in Hindi and the boys thought that was hilarious. The kids love me there, its hard not to love me right? ha k I really have to go! Love you all. Au taleitaka Fiji.

3 comments:

  1. Aw! Wow this has gone by so fast! You'll be home before you know it. I'm so glad you are working so hard out there. Those people are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kerali, I found your thank-you note you gave me with your blog address finally sooooo I'm finally checking it out. I can't believe you only have 2 more weeks. Wow, it's going fast. We'll have to have you over for dinner on a Sunday and you can do our FHE and tell us all about it and show pictures. Be safe!! Love, Aunt Chris:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a hilarious post. I was laughing through the bug bite part. USE MOSQUITO REPELLENT! It sounds like you are having an amazing adventure. Look forward to seeing you next weekend. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete